Re: error :line 1, column 2: XML parsing error: <unknown>:1:2: xml ......

Dear Virginio,

On 30 Mar 2006, at 18:57, virginio.sparavigna wrote:

>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> I have validated for
> months my simple rss page without any problem, but since 3 days a
> get always the followingmessage:line 1, column 2: XML parsing
> error: <unknown>:1:2: xml .I have tested with you w3 validator
> other rss document on the web,and I have discovered that almost all
> the rss documents on the webhave got the same problem  and the same
> answer:

Could you please confirm that:
- you are talking about the W3C feed validation service, at http://
validator.w3.org/feed/
(W3C is maintaining a large number of validation service, so "your w3
validator" needs to be disambiguated)

- the error you are experiencing only appears with http://
validator.w3.org/feed/ and not when using e.g http://
feedvalidator.org/ . Most of W3C's validation services are running
software developed around W3C, but in the case of the feed validation
service, we are basically providing a free instance of the
feedvalidator software, developed at sourceforge.

If the error you experience also happens with the service at
feedvalidator.org, then I suggest directing your query to the mailing-
list feedvalidator-users@lists.sourceforge.net, as this is the
mailing-list where support and discussion for the feedvalidator
actually takes place.

Also, it would be useful if you could give, in your report (either to
this list or the feedvalidator-users list...) the address of the feed
you are trying to validate, as it would help us reproduce the
problem, and trace it back to a potential bug or issue.

Thank you
olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/