Re: Error Message Feedback

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:46:16 +0000
To: Iamentity@aol.com
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 04:08:46PM -0500, Iamentity@aol.com wrote:
>    I am having trouble finding a way to have your validator understand the
>    following:
[snip]
>    it is telling me that there is no such attribute,

The validator just compares the tags and attributes that you use with
the DTD you declare you are following (which can be found at the URL
specified on the second line of your document source code).

HTML 4.01 Transitional does not include those attributes.

> however, these tags were generated by OpenCube NavStudio.

Then it is broken, since it is generating a document that claims
conformance to a DTD but doesn't meet the requirements. (Incidently,
the markup isn't exactly good either - abusing tables for layout and
being packed with presentational markup).

(I follow the mailing list, please direct responses there and do not
CC me, thanks).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk