Re: Markup Validator (installation problems)

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:09:56 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Connex Hosting Limited|James Murphy <jamesmurphy@connexhosting.com>

On Jun 28, 2006, at 5:08 PM, Connex Hosting Limited | James Murphy

> Hello,
>             Managed to get the script installed and was very easy
> however I have a few issues the feedback.html file is missing and
> also when you try and check a url it says page not found blan.com/
> check << is missing any ideas?
Have you configured your Web server properly after installing the

If using apache, you will need at least these couple of lines:
ScriptAlias      /w3c-validator/check   /usr/local/validator/cgi-bin/
ScriptAliasMatch /w3c-validator/feedback(\.html)? /usr/local/
(adapted for the paths on your server)
... and you should look at the file httpd/conf/httpd.conf in the
validator tree, it has other server directives that may be useful.

Tell us if this helped,