checklink:

From: Browning, Glen J ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor <Glen.J.Browning@erdc.usace.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:49:47 -0500
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I noticed recently while running a link check on my page, that it would
frequently loop through sections of my site that it had already checked
simply because it encountered another link to that section on a subsequent
page.  As a result I received many pages of redundant output.  Things might
run much more quickly if it kept track of those links it had already
followed/checked and didn't do them again.

Glen.j.browning@erdc.usace.army.mil