Difference in Validating via URL or paste

From: colin williams <ctmanic@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:23:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Validating

When I validate a site by pasting the code it validates, when I do it via the URL it comes up as invalid. I noticed this with “special characters” (Specifically when the small tm is used instead of a &amp;#8482;) A link that didn’t validate was: http://www.urbancamo.co.nz/summatives/segway/ but when you paste the source code, it validates fine.

The URL errors were:

same way¼/strong&gt;?looking at

working tirelessly until it is solved—a formula he's used since high school

So, yes, another text based error. Is this all there is? The only difference? So the answer is simply, always use the “Special Characters”? If so fine, otherwise if there are other hidden differences (difference “Easter eggs” so to speak), it would be good to know up front.

Thanks.

-CTmanic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com