Re: namespace question

On Sunday 30 July 2006 14:52, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Well, the best is to omit !DOCTYPE completely (if you do not need to use
> entities).

Hmm, as far as i know then a page like this does not validate at all with the
w3c validator. Or am i wrong?

> Relaxed works as you describe. There are several schemas available and
> if you choose XHTML 1.0 schema, elements from XHTML namespace are
> validated and other elements are just ignored (ignored = only checked
> for well-formdness, not validated).

Ah! Well, then... :)

> This is of course supported by Relaxed, because it uses XML parser for
> reading documents to validate.

*grin* I'm using xsl (xalan-j) to _generate_ my pages, so they should be valid
out of the box. At least mostly. xml/xsl is indeed great.

Regards
Siegfried

--
public gpg key at http://www.rorkvell.de/siegfried.asc