[VE][108] Error Message Feedback

From: Rafael Sposito - IKEDA <rafael@ikeda.com.br>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:22:44 -0300
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Validating Error [108]: "there is no attribute X"

The validator says there is no attribute “name” to the tag <form>.
But I can only access its properties through javascript for example, if I
specify a name to it.

For example:

<form name="almoco" action="Home.asp?ordem=1&ordem_solic=2" method="post">
                                    <input type="hidden" name="action"
value="almoco">
            </form>
….
….

<li><input type="button" class="bt"  value="Almoço/Lanche" onClick="if
(confirm('Confirma Entrar em Horário de Almoço?'))
{document.almoco.submit();}"></li>

How am I supposed to make this work without using the “name” attribute? In
this case, I could put the button inside the form and instead of
document.almoco.submit(); I would use form.submit();. Ok, but in other
cases, if I have to access the properties of the form in other part of the
page, or in a javascript declared function for example, how would I do it?
I have already tried to use “id” instead of  “name”, but it doesn’t work.

What should I do?

[ Add your message/question here.
  Follow the instructions at
 <http://validator.w3.org/feedback.html#errormsg>