Re: Local www-validator does not work and header/footer does not appear

On 7/10/06, OOzy Pal <oozypal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/10/06, olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Jul 10, 2006, at 14:04 , OOzy Pal wrote:
> > > I did follow the instructions step by step. I will give it one more
> > > shot then I will post the results. But what part of the installation
> > > instruction deals with SSI's
> >
> > (BTW, are you using apache, or IIS? or some other server?)
> >
> > In the installation instructions, in the "Configure the Web server"
> > section, there is a part about apache's httpd.conf, for which there
> > is, in the source package, a sample file. The installation
> > instructions advise you to copy-paste the content of the sample file
> > at the end of your server's configuration file.
> >
> > The sample file is also at
> > http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/validator/httpd/conf/httpd.conf?
> > content-type=text/plain
> >
> > and the part about SSIs would be that one:
> > <Directory /usr/local/validator/htdocs/>
> >    Options               IncludesNOEXEC Indexes MultiViews
> >    AllowOverride         None
> >    AddHandler            server-parsed .html
> >    AddCharset            utf-8         .html
> > </Directory>
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > olivier
> > --
> > olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/
> > W3C Open Source Software: http://www.w3.org/Status
> >

> I am using Apache 1.3.x on Ubuntu Server.
>
> Thank you.
> --
> OOzy
> Kubuntu-Dapper

Dear Olivier,

bellow is my httpd.conf. Can you tell me what is wrong with it?

Alias /validator/   /home/hab/www/html/validator/htdocs/
<Directory /home/hab/www/html/validator/htdocs/>
  Options               IncludesNOEXEC Indexes MultiViews
  AllowOverride         None
  AddHandler            server-parsed .html
  AddCharset            utf-8         .html
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
<Directory /home/hab/www/html/validator/htdocs/images/>
  Header set            Cache-Control "max-age=604800"
</Directory>
</IfModule>

--
OOzy