Failed validation, 0 error

From: wildrose <wildrose@013.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:09:11 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello

I have this at the head of the page and keep getting the message that my
page is not valid because the validator can't figure out if the doc is SGML
or XML. What am I doing wrong???

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 strict//EN"

<head>
<title>A Woman's Comfort</title>
</head>

The message is:
"The MIME Media Type (text/html) for this document is used to serve both
SGML or XML based documents and it is not possible to disambiguate it based
on the DOCTYPE declaration in your document. Parsing will continue in SGML
mode.

Namespace "" found but document type not in XML mode. "

And, according to the validator, there are no other mistakes.

I find this all terribly confusing and have been working on this for days
without figuring it out. What I am doing wrong.

All the Best
Sheina