Re: How is this invalid?

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:52:30 +0200 (EET)
To: magick <jasper.magick@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, magick wrote:

> I think it has something to do with the way I wrote the DTD but I don't think
> it's wrong.

The DTD is wrong. It has
<!ELEMENT family (person,name,yearborn,sex)>
which means that a family consists of elements person, name, yearborn, and
sex, each occurring exactly one. What you most probably mean is
<!ELEMENT family (person)+>
which means that a family consists of one or more persons (each of which
contains what the definition for person says).