The validator should check for uppercase tags

From: Magnus Østergaard <magnus@sslug.dk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 17:06:15 +0100 (CET)
To: www-validator@w3.org

I've just spend too much time locating a typo in a XHTML 1.0 Transitional

The problem was an over site from me, and a confusing error-msg-id 79.

What was wrong in my document was a </P> tag. Note the uppercase. This
gave the error-msg-id 79, which then claimed I had made 9 errors while it
was really just one.

Suggestion: Make the validator look for uppercase tags first and report
it, then tell about the missing start/end etc. according to the 79

>From the current display of the validator it is easy to miss these small

Kind regards

// Magnus