Re: Conflicting validation results

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:23:51 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

David Gatwood wrote:

> Any ideas?

There's no <body> outside of <noframes> in "XHTML frameset",
maybe it's similar for HTML.  Some old note about this on
http://purl.net/xyzzy/lab.htm#scripts (end of this chapter):

1 - in the main (no frames, javascript optional) <body> tag:

 onload="if (parent.location == location )
   if ( confirm('Empty frameset required for JavaScript because\n
                 some links otherwise force a monster frameset.'))
   window.location.replace('demo.html')"

That redirects to demo.html if script is enabled, assuming
that browsers supporting script also support frames.

2 - in demo.html (in my example with a dummy frameset):

  Insert explanation for curious Lynx users and Googlebot

Apparently you tried it the other way around, main document
with frames, or within the same document.  What I did was a
kind of "cloaking".
                           Bye, Frank