[VE][163] Error Message Feedback

From: Ted Miller <tmiller@hcjbeng.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:15:50 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org

Validating Error [163]: "invalid formal public identifier X: invalid public
text class"

This is an "Error without explanation".  One explanation is that this text
must be in all upper case in order to be valid.  I received this error for
using this text:

-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en

The text is in lower case (not allowed) and it was also missing the URL for
the controlling document.  I am not sure which error triggered the error
message, as I solved both issues at once, but I believe I recall that the
error message changed when I changed to all UPPER CASE.

Ted Miller