Re: Error Message Feedback

gawlikmarcin@o2.pl wrote:
> Please note that the information btween <HEAD> and </HEAD> were
> changed. My original Index.htm file is on the server but the website
> browser takes the following information:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN"
>   "http://www.w3c.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/frameset.dtd">
> <!-- saved from url=(0029)http://www.just-offshore.com/ -->
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <TITLE>just-offshore.com</TITLE>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
> <FRAMESET rows=*>
> <FRAME src="just-offshore_com_pliki/www.just-offshore.htm"
> frameBorder=0>
> <NOFRAMES>
> </NOFRAMES></FRAMESET></HTML>
>
> As you see this is not what I prepared.

You're not explaining yourself very clearly, I have no idea what you
expect me to see when I look at that page.  I do indeed see a similar
frameset document, though not exactly that because the above is the
result of saving by a browser, which gets modified from what is actually
sent by the server.  In future, just use view source (typically
available from the View menu in your browser), rather than saving as a
file first.

I'm going to assume that when a user visits just-offshore.com, you
expect the page to contain just the content which is currently hosted here:
http://offshore.nazwa.pl/www.just-offshore.com/

And that you do not expect the page to contain the above frameset.  Is
that correct?  If that is the case, you need to take that up with your
web host and arrange a better hosting plan.

> You can simply check this when you visit the website and choose "Save
> as....". Please do it and you will see that the main page has the
> information specified above. You will also have the folder with my
> files and my original Index file in. As you will notice my
> information in Meta tags are quite different, e.g. title, etc.

Are you talking about these elements?

<META NAME="Author" CONTENT="Offshore Business Solutions Limited">
[...]
<META NAME="Robots" CONTENT="All">
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-2">
<title>Business Incorporations - Company Formation - Offshore Companies
Registration</title>

Most of those meta elements are completely useless.  The Robots one may
be useful sometimes, although the value "All" is undefined and is
therefore completely useless in this case.  The Content-Type one just
indicates that you're failing to set the encoding properly with the HTTP
headers.  The rest of the meta elements aren't used at all for any
meaningful purpose by anything.

> I kindly ask you check this out and help me. Apart of that someone
> (probably one of my firends, because company does not trade yet) did
> it by accident to check the website.

Did what by accident?  Validated it?  I have no idea how you could
possibly have come to the conclusion that the validator is somehow
responsible for your problem.

All that the validator does is send a GET request to the server (just
like a regular web browser).  It then receives the file sent by the
server and then validates it.  It *does not* change your content in any
way whatsoever, that is impossible.

There is nothing more that I can do, except tell you what I already told
you.  This is an issue with your web server and is between you and your
web host (whatever company you're paying to host just-offshort.com).

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/