Re: A simpler Web service response format

Le 15 déc. 2006 à 01:01, Henri Sivonen a écrit :
> I had a look at the SOAP and Unicorn response formats for the W3C
> Validator in case I could reuse one of them. They both seemed
> unnecessarily complex. Also, generating the formats requires
> buffering.

Could you explain what part is complex?
Or what makes their complexity?

> I wrote up a quick format draft, which I may implement in the future:
> http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator-ws-ideas/#xml

Interesting.
Could you give an output example?

one comment:
I see
	The elements in this XML vocabulary are in the namespace “http://
hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/messages/”.

Will this namespace survive in the future? I'm just wondering because
there have been cases with troubles related to namespaces change (for
example Atom WG from 0.3 to 1.0)?

As a side note, I often wonder if sending the line number is always
the best strategy for validation. Line number is very useful
	for fixing one file one time.
But as soon as we modify the file, it might change. The CSS Validator
gives two bits of information when possible the line number and the
context.

I think we maybe do mistakes when we characterizing validation by
their results: information, error or warning. A Thing can be
alternatively in error, warning or have an information attached to it
but stays the same thing. Though far to be easy.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***