Border Colour Code in 4.01

From: Pete Clowes <pete@internetbusinessdirectory.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:54:45 -0000
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi guys, I am trying to validate my web sites pages and have done so with the following page using Firefox and Tidy:

However, when I specify a border colour W3C Validator does not accept it. The attribute I used is  - bordercolor="maroon" in the main Table tag as follows:

Currently the above page does not show this in order to remain valid html 4.01, but it works fine with the code added to give the maroon border colour I want.

Can you please advise how I can have my maroon border and still be valid 4.01 code.

I am also confused, as the web site below says W3C has recently allowed this attribute:

Please advise,

Kind regards,

Pete Clowes (Webmaster)
Congleton BNI Leadership Team