Character encoding suppressed

From: void <void.at@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:20:24 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,
I just wanted to suggest to add some more content to the "Character Encoding
Override in effect!" ('The detected character encoding "iso-8859-1" has been
suppressed and "utf-8" used instead.') message, since it doesn't explain why
is it happening, if this is an error, and if it is what are we doing wrong.
This message appears when validating a local page with ISO-8859-1 encoding.

If I recall correctly, this may be because of the fact that the validator's
page has a UTF-8 encoding, hence all it's content is UTF-8, but I'm not sure
that itself is the reason, and even if it is we're not supposed to know
that, are we? So a more-complete message would be appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.  I know this is sent to a mailing-list, but I found no other place to
send where it had enough sense doing so.