Re: Strange advice re BOM and UTF-8

From: Eric J. Bowman <ericbowman@msbx.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:03:11 +0000
To: "Stephen Deach" <sdeach@adobe.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, www-international@w3.org

>I have requested that someone look at the web site.
>
>One should not recommend against the use of a long-standing standard
>because of a non-compliant web site.

Sorry for the confusion, but HomeSite is the name of an application.
HomeSite is the coding engine in Dreamweaver.  I'm not recommending against a
standard, I'm recommending in favor of keeping the warning in the validator
by citing a real-world example of a common application which does not support
BOM.

-Eric