Re: LinkCheck 4.2.1 and SSL Certificates

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:57:47 +0300
To: Nicholas.Z.Gavriniotis@transport.qld.gov.au
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 11:28 +1000,
Nicholas.Z.Gavriniotis@transport.qld.gov.au wrote:
> www-validator-request@w3.org wrote on 24/08/2006 04:27:17 AM:

> [24/Aug/2006:11:15:23] failure: for host xxx.xxx.xxx.xx trying to HEAD
> https://<URL>/<URI>/<PAGE>.jsp, retrieve-exit-routine reports: proxy
> retrieve failed: The certificate issuer for this server is not recognized
> by Netscape. The security certificate may or may not be valid.  Netscape
> refuses to connect to this server.
>
> Is there a way that I can pass the required certificate (Certificate
> Authority) via the script or the Apache configuration so that this error
> does not occur?

No.  I guess your options boil down to (if local policies allow some of
these): 1) install the CA certificate on the proxy server so it
recognizes it as trusted, or 2) configure the proxy to not check
certificates, or 3) configure/relocate things so that the link checker
can access the target service without going through the proxy.