Re: Bug in the HTML Validator

On Aug 7, 2006, at 22:41 , Lou King wrote:

> Reading this forum I am struck by the number of times a "bug in the
> HTML  Validator" is reported and the number of times what is meant
> is a 'bug in my understanding of the HTML standards or the english
> language.'"

It is understandable that people, however familiar with the HTML
languages, think they have found a bug when they stumble upon a
strange case. That's why the validator's FAQ starts with David's
humorous quip:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html

The community on this mailing-list works because experts are tolerant
of the errors of less experienced users, and because of mutual
respect and politeness in all discussions. I'd like to keep it this
way, and ask everyone to limit themselves to useful, respectful and
on topic discussions, in this thread and otherwise.

Thank you,
olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/