Error Message Feedback

From: <dave@williamz.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:52:39 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi,

I am having a problem with validating a page on my site:

http://www.williamz.net/photography/

I am pretty sure every thing is okay, but I get loads of errors.  They can
be traced back to 2 things;

1. At one place, I am using JavaScript to place some HTML in the document.
However, the validator ignores the fact that the quotes need to be escaped
or that I am not placing HTML inside a script tag as such, but rather into a
variable...

2. The code I have written has &amp; in all links and this is what displays
in view page source.  However, the validator somehow picks up an additional
hidden pass through with a PHP session id.  As this is not visible under
session variables in links, is it right for a document to fail validation on
these grounds?

Would advisories not be better than fails for this type of problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Williams