checklink:

From: Dmitri Goosens <dgoosens@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:26:51 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Hi,

My name is Dmitri Goosens and I am finishing a master degree in software and web localization at the ISTI (http://heb.be/isti/isti.htm) in Brussels, Belgium. I have to write a scientific article to graduate. I want to do some research on the existing link checkers.

I have been running some tests with the on-line version and saw that the number of links this version checks is limited. I suppose that if I download it and install it on my computer, there will be no limitations.

I did try to follow all the steps you mention in the instructions, but I am not able to install the program. I am not an Engeneer in Computer Science and thus I have never worked with Perl.

I wondered if you could direct me to a website that explains step-by-step how to install the W3C linkchecker or, even better, explain it to me.

I did install "ActivePerl-5.6.1.638-MSWin32-x86.msi" and have a basic WinXP Pro computer.

Regards,

Dmitri