Re: [VE][73] Error Message Feedback

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 11:15 +1000, alek patsouris wrote:
> Validating Error [73]: "end tag for X which is not finished"

> i made just a blank file to test befor i started messing around with
> our main site however as you can see it is closed, would you mind
> explaining where i went wrong

You closed the html element without including a body element (which is
required).

Also you are failing to conform to Appendix C section 2.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#C_2

Also you haven't included an XML declaration despite using a character
encoding other then UTF-8 or UTF-16 (although it is possible[1] that
Appendix C forbids such declarations (and thus non-Unicode XHTML
documents as text/html)).

[1] It is hard to tell, the spec isn't well written here, which is one
reason I'm sticking with HTML 4.01.

(I read the mailing list. Please direct responses there and do not CC
me).
--
David Dorward                           <http://dorward.me.uk/>
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another."