suggestions on how to speed up launch of check script?

From: Chuck Houpt <chuck@habilis.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 22:11:40 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi, I'm hoping I can tap the collected wisdom of this list for some
tips on efficiently running the Validator.

I'm running the Validator from the command line, and on older
machines the check script can take several seconds to get started.

I've tried compiling check to byte code, removing taint/strict
checking, but those doesn't make a huge difference.

Obviously running check persistently (ala mod_perl) would be one
approach, but the Validator docs seem to say it won't run under
mod_perl, so maybe it would be unwise to try to run it persistently?

Does validator.w3.org run using mod_perl (or something else)? Or is
it running via standard CGI, just on a very fast machine?

Thanks - Chuck
http://habilis.net/validatelet/