Re: SV: [ANN] W3C Log Validator (v1.0) released

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:26:54 +0900
To: Jens Backeman <jens.bman@telia.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Hi Jens,

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005, Jens Backeman wrote:
> I tried to install the LogValidator via CPAN. Now, I have only used CPAN
> once earlier so I know how to get into the shell, but that's as far as it
> goes. The installation-instructions however was pretty clear so I just
> followed them.
>
> Here are the last 15 lines of the process, the full log is attached.

I think the errors come from you not having two required modules not
installed. WebService::Validator::CSS::W3C and W3C::LinkChecker. The
latter is my mistake, I did not properly set it as required in the
module's metadata, I'll fix that. The former, however, should have been
installed by cpan if you have the proper options set (i.e. if you have
configured cpan to prepend, or ask you for, installation of required
modules)

I'll upload a version 1.1 with the proper metadata tonight. Let's see if
it works better for you then.

Thanks.
--
olivier