W3C Validator vs Schneegans

From: Piotr Nowicki <nowicki@icpnet.pl>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:02:10 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello!

I'm writing to you because of some information I've heard
about using W3C Validator. In fact I was accustomed to
your product, but recently I've heard that documents that
passed W3C validator didn't have to be validate at all.
On few pages I've found a link to other validator
written by Christoph Schneegans (http://schneegans.de/sv/)
which ought to be more accurate. I've tested it on one
of my XHTML 1.1 documents (converted to XHTML 1.0
because Shneegans XML schema validator doesn't support
version 1.1) and really - it pointed a number of errors
in my document that passed W3C validation.

I would like to know why it's like that? I fully trust
W3C Validator, and I wish this situation won't change.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Piotr Nowicki