Re: another doubt on validator ...

From: Benjamin Tomos Lewis [benl.co.uk - Webmaster] <ben.tc1415@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:24:49 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

May I remind you all that the Validator is a mark-up validator, not just
HTML, so it must be able to handle other FPIs, I.e. by using the SI -
viz. it should yes throw a warning when the FPI and SI do not match the
specification, but when it doesn't know at all what the FPI stands for
it should use the SI.

e.g. :
"http://www.nowhere.no/dtd.dtd">
would throw a warning only(although a SI override I.e. use SI not FPI
would be nice)

while

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "BLOB" "http://blob.com/dtd.dtd">
would validate against the SI as would