checklink:

From: Gavin Scott <gavin@bassplayer.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:47:51 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Dear Sirs

I have been using your checklink tool to check links on my site
http://www.jazz-trio.com. However, it consistently comes back with
three errors as below:

http://www.jazz-trio.co.uk/
     What to do: This is a server side problem. Check the URI.
     Response status code: 500
     Response message: (no message)
     Line: 385
http://www.pattirevell.com/
     What to do: This is a server side problem. Check the URI.
     Response status code: 500
     Response message: (no message)
     Line: 389
http://www.functionband.info/
     What to do: This is a server side problem. Check the URI.
     Response status code: 500
     Response message: (no message)
     Line: 391

All of these links seem to function perfectly when I try them myself.
I wondered if you could shed any light on this?

Also, is there any way of placing a discrete link to the checklink
tool on the page itself to provide instant updates on the status of
links on that page, as one can do with the HTML validator?

Thank you for your assistance

Kind regards

Gavin Scott