Re: XHTML STRICT NL acting different then XHTML STRICT?

From: Jens Brueckmann <jens.brueckmann@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:53:56 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
Cc: Jesper Jeeninga <j.jeeninga@student.utwente.nl>

> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//NL"
>                 "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

> The only difference in the source is that all "en" is replaced with "nl".
> The english version is validated as XHTML 1.0 Strict and the dutch one is
> not... Why? Is this a bug or am I missing something?

The public identifier of your document type declaration is wrong. It should be:

    "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

as defined in the XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd

Please note that the language code relates to the language of the DTD,
not the language your pages are written in.

Cheers,

jens

--
Jens Brueckmann