[ANN] one of the two validators down, temporarily

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:03:54 +0900
To: WWW-Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

Dear all,

One of the two servers for the Markup Validation and Link Checker
services appears to have taken the idea of a Columbus Day week-end a
little too literally, and is temporarily down. We have removed it from
the DNS rotation and the other server is currently receiving all of the
validation traffic. It might be particularly slow for some of you.

We are trying to get the US server back into production as soon as
possible, hopefully in a few hours. In the meantime, your patience and
cooperation is appreciated.

Thank you,
olivier
--