BUG - Reading Java variable as an invalid comment declartion

From: David Hirst <cepeleon@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:05:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi I am trying to validate a document at,

www.cos-one.com/nthread.htm

However I am getting a single error incorrectly about
an invalid comment declaration.

The validator does not appear to realise that the java
variable is just a variable and not a closing tag.

I'll leave the page up for you to try yourself. I was
validating against xhtml transitional.

Regards,

David Hirst

http://mail.yahoo.com