Invalid validation report!

From: Dag Øystein Johansen <dag.o.johansen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:27:01 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

I just figured I'd let you know that the validation page itself seems to
produce invalid HTML, according to itself anyway!

I did this:

1. Using the Opera web browser (v8.51 on winXP) I navigated to
http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2005/11/23/450182.html
2. I attempted to validate the page by right-clicking and choosing
"validate" in the context menu. As you are probably aware this feature
uses the w3c validation service.
3. Upon receiving the (rather long) error report, I repeat the procedure:
right-click and choose validate. The result shows the error report didn't
validate either (8 errors).
4. For fun I tried yet again, and this page was valid xhtml, hurrah.