Re: markup validator service and RFC 2616

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:22:34 +1100
To: Isabel Gomez Miragaya <isabelg@microsoft.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Isabel Gomez Miragaya wrote:
> I am trying to use the markup validator service for the following
> purpose: We are trying to check if an HTTP response coming from an ISAPI
> is compliant with RFC 2616 and if the HTTP headers are correct according
> to this RFC's rules.
> Can we use the markup validator service for this purpose?

No, it's a markup validator, not an HTTP validator.  There is the HTTP
HEAD service [1] which will output the the HTTP headers received, or you
could use a tool like Live HTTP Headers for Firefox for an application
like Fiddler.  As far as validating or checking the syntax of the
headers, I don't know of any tools that will do that.

[1] http://cgi.w3.org/cgi-bin/headers

Lachlan Hunt