Re: checklink:

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:50:14 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Andy Walker wrote:

> with the anchor <a name="top"></a> even  _immediately_  after
> the <body> element there are a few pixels left undisplayed at
> the top of the page when the jump is made to that point.

Better don't try to get 100% exact effects with HTML, it never
works, because it depends on the browser and display device.

For a quick and dirty solution maybe try <a href="#">top</a> -
so far that works with all browsers I know, and you don't need
a separate anchor.

Test it on any page, juat add # to its URL.  While the browser
behaviour for # is AFAIK undefined it's syntactically valid =>
the validator or checklink won't complain.

                           Bye, Frank