Re: checklink: broken fragments??

Hello Judy,

On 9 Nov 2005, at 00:15, CageyCat@aol.com wrote:

> I'm very-very-very new to web making, so maybe I'm not
> understanding this right.
>  On every page I've checked, I get at least 1 "broken fragment"
> report.

Let's see what the link checker is saying:

[[
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~florian/o_f/yrs/1818_o_f-1.htm
What to do: There are broken fragments which must be fixed.
Response status code: 200
Response message: OK Lines: 163, 547, 548

Broken fragments and their line numbers: They need to be fixed!
top: 547
]]

I look at that document, on line 547, and I see:

That's the broken fragment. Indeed, if you look at the whole
document, there is no element with id="top" or name="top". So the
reference to #top is broken.

Does this help you understand the error message from the link checker?

Good luck.
--
olivier