Bug while validating a web page

From: Patricia Bouyer <Patricia.Bouyer@crans.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:07:35 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hello

While using the validator for debugging a web site, I have found a
bug in the HTML validator (or at least I think so). The error
concerns the tag for closing a table. I had written </TABLE instead
of </TABLE> on my web page, and this had a buggy behaviour on some
navigators (like opera or safari, but not firefox). However, the page
was validated as "Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional".

I have tried to simplify the buggy page (but if I simplify too much,
the bug is no more there). The buggy web page (though validated) is
available at the address
		http://www.lsv.ens-cachan.fr/~bouyer/example.html
The corresponding correct page is
		http://www.lsv.ens-cachan.fr/~bouyer/correct-example.html