Re: Error Message Feedback: "valid 1.1"

On May 30, 2005, at 18:17, Chris Lilley wrote:
> On Monday, May 30, 2005, 4:07:46 PM, Henri wrote:

>>> Well then it wouldn't be valid :) as the DTD validator would report.
>
> HS> How do you know bogo.dtd does not make that valid?
>
> You don't, except by trying it.

Right. My point was that it would be misleading to say it is valid SVG
Tiny 1.1 if the validity was based on the bogo DTD (assuming the DTD
made it valid) but the name and version on the root element.

> HS> http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/?
> HS> schema=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FGraphics%2FSVG%2F1.2%2Frng%2FTiny
> HS> -1.2%2FTiny-1.2.rng&laxtype=yes
>
> Thanks! What does laxtype=yes do?

It makes the entity resolver not reject some common non-XML types
(text/plain, text/html and text/xsl). Also, it turns off the
enforcement of the US-ASCII default for text/* types.

The SVG Tiny 1.2 schema is served as text/plain.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi