Re: access control

Olivier Thereaux wrote:

>Hi Vinita,
>
>On Mon, May 30, 2005, vinita wrote:
>

>> I'm looking for a validator with access control. W3C Markup Validator
>>seems a good one but it doesn't do access control. Are there any plans
>>to have it in up coming version??
>>

>Could you give more details on what you mean by access control? If you
>mean having a way to control who (user or IP) can use the validator or
>not, this can by done at the Web server level...
>
>e.g for Apache, in your configuration:
><Location /validator>
>  Order allow,deny
>  Allow from all
>  AuthType Basic
>  AuthName Acces Restricted
>  AuthUserFile /etc/apache/userlist
>  Require valid-user
></Location>
>
>Is that what you had in mind?

Thank you for the response Olivier!!
yes, I'm talking about apache access control, but want to give different
access control depending on the validating file

Currently the file path is passed as an argument
(http://server/validator?url=http://server/file1) , if it can be passed
as part of the url, like http://server/validator/http://server/file1 or
similar patten,
I can do access control in Apache conf, something like

<LocationMatch ^/validator/.*/file1>
</LocationMatch>

<LocationMatch ^/validator/.*/file2>
</LocationMatch>