Re: Error Message Feedback: "valid 1.1"

* Chris Lilley wrote:
>Not that I can think of. The language is SVG, the baseProfile is Tiny,
>and the version is 1.1. Concatenation seems the best way to describe
>that - SVG Tiny 1.1.

Consider

  <svg version="1.1" baseProfile="tiny"
       xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
    <path d="M275,175 v-150 a150,150 0 0,0 -150,150 z"
          fill="yellow" stroke="blue" stroke-width="5" />
  </svg>

This does not seem to be a conforming SVG Tiny 1.1 document
fragment, is it a "Valid SVG Tiny 1.1" document? Without a
definition that's difficult to tell. And if it is, we would
likely confuse Validator users.

>I don't see that the limited XML support is relevant to the content.

It's not, but it's relevant to what statements the Validator
makes about the content, you could have

  <?xml hello world?>
  <svg version="1.1" baseProfile="tiny"
       xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" />

which the Validator currently considers "valid" even though
it is not even well-formed. To avoid confusion about this,
the Validator always notes its limited XML support in the
result.

>Could you define "refers to" ?

A document refers to a specific DTD by using a matching FPI
for the external subset.