Re: Error Message Feedback: "valid 1.1"

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your report.

On Thu, May 26, 2005, Chris Lilley wrote:

> I don't find these messages from the new validator to be complete:
>
>   This Page Is Valid 1.1!
>
>   The uploaded document "animate-elem-08-t.svg" was checked and found to
>   be valid 1.1. This means that the resource in question identified
>   itself as "1.1" and that we successfully performed a formal validation
>   using an SGML or XML Parser (depending on the markup language used).
>
> I mean, 1.1 what?

Bug indeed. After very little testing I noticed that the validator uses
the value of <svg version="_this_" rather than the actual doctype. For
all SVG versions.

I suspect a bug in preparse_doctype(), or, maybe, in HTML::Parser.

I won't be able to work on this until mid-next week. Anyone from the
developers would like to give this a look?

Thanks again, Chris.

--
olivier