One trick for the "[VE] feedback" mails

On Mon, May 23, 2005, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> For the user, this next version tries to continue the work made in the
> last few releases by further improving explanations for the error
> messages, and for the cases where the explanations are not sufficient,
> by giving better ways to search for answers and/or interact with
> www-validator (this list).

I think (hope) this change will be welcome for all of you on this
mailing-list answering the "error message feedback" calls for help, as
these won't be send through raw mailto: links any more.

Before the release, though, here's one trick that will make your life a
little easier for the "wish I knew what error 42 is, maybe then I would
be able to help that one": http://validator.w3.org:8001/docs/errors.html
has the lists of error messages (whether they already have an
"explanation" or not) along with their number.

The list would tell you that error 42 is "unknown declaration type X",
and that it's often the sign of a wrong comment syntax.

Sure beats having to look at the source in the CVS repository.

Cheers, and thanks for making the validator more usable for hundreds of
people...
--
olivier