Re: problems with W3c

Alexandra1Lowell wrote:
> My name is Laurence, I have test my website in your online program and found html mistakes.
> This is the website : http://ca.geocities.com/stafterearth
>
> So, this morning and went and look at my site to see where was those mistakes and found none,
> all the tags mentionned are there.

Well, the errors are there as I can see them.  The first error: missing
a type attribute from the script element on line 14, as the validator
told you, is easy to fix.  Use this:

<script type="text/javascript">
</script>

Don't use the language attribute, it's both deprecated and completley
useless.

Many of the remaining errors are caused by your poor use of
document.write() statements
http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html.en#script

> I use OpenOffice html program to make my website pages.

The authoring tool is irrelevant as far as validation goes, however
swithing to a tool that produces valid code would help a lot.  I
recommend notepad or other plain text editor.

> I can prove that there isn't any mistakes

How?  I can see many errors in your document, and I'd be interested to
see how you can prove such a false statement.

> and just wonder if your program takes in consideration the OpenOffice
> program to make html pages.

The authoring tool is irrelevant, the validator only looks at the
resultant markup.  Since Open Office is clearly producing invalid
markup, it's a problem with Open Office, not the validator.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/