Re: issues

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 10:14:24AM -0500, Tristen Wentling wrote:
> i'm getting these two errors from the validator, and on top of that I
> can't even see my links selection box...I'm kind of new to programming
> and this is kind of irking me off right now...any help would be very
> much appreciated

> 34: <script type="text/javascript">

You open a <script> element at line 34.

> 35: <form name="links">

And then you dive in to markup. Your problems are probably being
caused by your first end tag (for anything) triggering the end of the
<script> (the rules for CDATA are a little odd), but all of the markup
between line 34 and that is ignored (as its "JavaScript").

> 36: <select name="linkbox"
> OnChange="window.open(links.linkbox.options[selectedIndex].value)"

I also suggest you have a read of
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/navmenu.html