Re: CSS validation

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 19:09:37 +0100
To: Graham <graham@compassion-in-business.co.uk>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

Graham wrote:
> The HTML code given for valid CSS fails the Bobby check because the
> height and width attributes are not stated directly but given in a
> style. Perhaps you and "Bobby" need to get your heads together?

It seems to me that if Bobby complains about that, then Bobby is
simply wrong.

Height and width attributes can be a barrier to accessibility, because
they trigger a bug in many graphical browsers causing ALT attributes
not to be rendered when image loading is off.  But I don't see how
absence of them can ever be an accessibility issue.  How does
Bobby justify it (if indeed that's what it's complaining of)?

Nick Kew