Re: Validator 0.6.7 package for Slackware

From: Igor Pashev <pashev.igor@pomorsu.ru>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:14:03 +0400
To: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

В сообщении от Понедельник 28 Март 2005 06:57 вы написали:
> Very nice! Will that URI remain the same if the version gets updated?
> (in other words, is the package id tied to version 0.6.7 or to the
> Markup Validator in general?) I'd like to link to it from
> http://validator.w3.org/source/
This is link to version 0.6.7 only. For new versions it will differ.
You may want to link simply to http://www.linuxpackages.net/
They have a search engine.

> Note that the Link Checker is developed independently from the
> Validator now, and has its own release rhythm, so you may want to
> package it separately:
> http://validator.w3.org/docs/checklink.html#install
I thought a lot on it. I want to have an integrated service.
So I've patched both Validator & LinkChecker.
One can still install W3C-LinkChecker separately
without interference with the included one.

When the next Validator released I will think again :)