Re: [VE][73] Error Message Feedback

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:27:57 +1100
To: "David E. Ross" <david@rossde.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Please ensure all replies go to www-validator as well, so that others on
the list may also offer assistance for any further questions.

David E. Ross wrote:
> The explanation under the message describes problems that can occur
> only in the BODY section.

No, while the example elements shown may only appear within the body
element, the same concept applies to any section of the document.

> The explanation begins: "Most likely, You  nested tags and closed
> them in the wrong order."

That is simply the first of two possible explanations.  You needed to
read both, and determine which one is the most likely to apply.

> In my HEAD section, I had NO nested tags.  (Can you have nested tags in the
> HEAD section?)

Yes:
   <head>
     <title>...</title>
   </head>
The title element is nested within the head element.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/