Re: [VE][127] Error Message Feedback

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:09:10 +1100
To: Kong <kong@3dxl.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org

Kong wrote:

> Sorry about that, I assumed it was going to send it along or the URL.
>
> You can see the error via the following URL...
> http://kongweb.no-ip.com:81/guildwars/
>
> It appears 7 times.  Thanks in advance for any help.

A form element requires an "action" attribute to detemine where to
submit the form data to.  This attribute should be set to the URI of the
CGI script or other server side processing system to handle the form data.

eg.
<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/form-handler" ... >

Also, it's really annoying to be alerted every time I access the page,
that the background image is being adjusted to fit  my screen
resolution.  However the script also makes the assumption that I have my
browser maximised (which I don't), thus any calculation based on the
screen size, rather than the viewport size is not suitable.

Additionally, your site *requires* javascript to be used, which makes it
completely innaccessible to anyone without JavaScript support enabled
There are many people that disable scripts and many user agents that
simply don't support JavaScript.  Google is one example of a user agent
that doesn't support JavaScript, so it may have a difficult time
indexing your site.  You really need to re-evaluate the overall
usability of your site, I found it really difficult.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/