Problems Installing Validator on Mac OS X

From: Rei <r_e_i@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 03:27:39 -0800 (PST)
To: www-validator@w3.org

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help.

I've been using the instructions found at the Apple website to install the W3C
HTML Validator:
http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/validator.html

I made the conf file changes as described in the instructions. I only deviated
from the instructions by installing the HTML:: Parser and HTTP::Request modules
since I didn't already have them.

When I try to validate my test file, I get the following errors:

Configured SGML Parser ' ' not executable! at
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/CGI/Carp.pm line 314.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/Library/WebServer/Documents/validator/htdocs/check line 192.

I've read through a thread describing a similiar error message
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Aug/0040.html) but it
hasn't helped me solve my problems. I would appreciate any advice.