W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-validator@w3.org > March 2005

Re: Character Encoding mismatch

From: Marc-André Gagnon <mgagnon316@videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:49:20 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
Message-id: <000001c52aef$bceb1340$6401a8c0@BARTON>
Hello,
 
I noticed that many people seem to get the following error with
character incoding ( I did too ):
 
> Sorry! A fatal error occurred when attempting to transcode the
character encoding of the document. 
> Either we do not support this character encoding yet, or you have
specified a non-existent character encoding (often a misspelling).
> The detected character encoding was "iso-8859-1".
> The error was "Unsupported conversion: Invalid argument at
/var/www/w3c-validator/check line 2699. ".
 
This problem can be resolved by doing a simple dos2unix on the config
file charset.cfg. That did the trick for me.
 
Marc-André Gagnon
 
 
 
Received on Saturday, 19 March 2005 18:31:03 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 25 April 2012 12:14:18 GMT