Re: <td background="images/bg.jpg">

David Dorward wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:28:45PM +0000, Graham /quoted/:
>
>>style="background-image:images/bg.jpg;"
>
> Actually the syntax is: background-image: url(images/bg.jpg).

Sorry, that was my fault for omitting the url() function.  Graham seems
to have quoted my earlier message, but his e-mail client hasn't quoted
it properly, nor given attribution.

> Graham wrote this part:
>> The problem with an external stylesheet is that it displays the
>> background on some pages but not on others

The style will be applied to any element which the selector matches.  If
the selector doesn't match anything, the styles won't be applied to
anything.  You should probably ask for help on this issue in a CSS
related help mailing list, forum or newsgroup.  Try CSS Discuss [1] or
news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets on USENET.

[1] http://www.css-discuss.org/
--
Lachlan Hunt